Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why there are so many spammer/scam posters?

I noticed every few days the site got flooded with random ads to scam or harmful links(which gets this site listed as threat by google listing regularly), are the spammers bots?Is there any way to stop this, like you must enter security code to post the first few posts or image verification in registration?|||Basically, those individuals who have to power to change the site registration process have lost interest in maintaining the site. CHUNK was recently upgraded to administrator status, but I don't think even he has the ability to make the needed changes, and he hasn't even visited the site in weeks.

I stop by about once a day to delete all the spam, and that's about it. ThomasEddington used to do it daily, but he's only been by every couple of days as of late.

Hopefully, whoever has the permissions to rework user registration will do so sometime soon. There isn't really any more that I can do with my limited moderator status.|||Hmm isn't the other forum wow.incgamers.com shares forums user base with this one? I wonder if they are also affected by the spammers and if their staff has the power to fix this problem.|||I've never played WoW, so I've never made use of that site, so I'm not sure what's going on over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment