Thursday, April 19, 2012

How do I make a copy of Warcraft III and still play online?

Just so you guys know, I have bought two versions of both warcraft rotc and tft. All I want to do is insure that I won't have to buy another one. I remember many years back, playing starcraft and how my frequent use of it took it's toll on the cd. Starcraft was by no means rare back then or even expensive but it was still annoying having to buy copy after copy. Now that I have warcraft, and am starting to see scratches on the cd, I want to make a backup of the game. I don't want to store it to my computer or anything because that takes up too much space (i think...) and wouldn't allow me to be on battle.net. I just want to burn a cd with warcraft on it so I can pop it in my cd-rom and play. Yes, I have a CD-Burner, and all that. I would have done that already without posting here but it seems that (from memory of starcraft) battle.net, or the game can't detect the cd-key on a burned cd (am i right?). If it can then I'm sorry for posting here and wasteing your time and bandwidth. If what I remember is true then what I need is a program/method to be able to burn a battle.net usable copy of my warcraft tft. Thank you in advance!|||Quote:




I would have done that already without posting here but it seems that (from memory of starcraft) battle.net, or the game can't detect the cd-key on a burned cd (am i right?).




Actually, I bought a french version of Warcraft but the voices were so badly done that I decided to install an English version. I just borrowed the CD of a friend and use it to install the game with my own CD-key (of the French version) and it worked perfectly so I don't think the program reads the CD-key on the CD.

Now about your question I can't help you. I tried also to do a copy because with my many whereabouts it would have ensured I could always play the game but it didn't worked.|||Actually the CD key on each disc is not just one key, but an entire list of valid CD keys. That's why you can install the game using a CD key from another disc.

As to burning, it doesn't work because the cd file is placed on the game disc in a sector that can't be written to by home burners. I've seen people attempt to copy that file and burn it to a different sector but that didn't work either. The only method I've seen work is to use a commercial virtual cd program. It uses a bit less space than copying the entire cd to a folder, and if you make the virtual copy before installing the game, then install from the new virtual drive, it works fine in Bnet.|||Damn.. Okay, I'm downloading Circle Virtua CD. Do you think that'll work if I use it to copy the CD to my Harddrive?|||Damn.. Okay, I'm downloading Circle Virtua CD. Do you think that'll work if I use it to copy the CD to my Harddrive?

Nevermind.. I works... Thank you so much for your help guys!!! Now I can save up my money for the new xbox.|||i COULD HAVE sworn that illegal copies/pirating are illegal here (asking and helping) Im ashamed at you, mtlhead|||Making a virtual copy to your OWN hard drive is neither copying or pirating. It only illegal if you use that method in any way to give the game to someone else. In SC I used to use that method to test maps in LAN mode, by literally running two computers myself against each other. But I never allowed anyone else to copy my discs or use that machine that had the virtual copy on it. I owned two legit copies of SC but one had gotten so scratched that it became unusable.|||In France, at least, we have the right to do a copy of a disc (be it music or software...) to keep it safe (and thus avoid what is often described around here: old CDs being unreadable) and as long as nobody else use it.

That's why I replied to hightilidie1lbs in the first place.|||The law prohibits the changing hands of copies, by that logic

-It is illegal to burn a copy of a CD and give the copy to your friend, though you can give the original to your friend and keep the burned copy.

-It is legal to borrow a CD from a friend, copy it, and give back the original.|||In the U.S. that would not be true. Loaning a disc is legal. But it is the person who borrowed it that commits a crime if he/she copies it and it is copyrighted material.|||how does the Circle Virtual CD work??|||It copies the entire contents of a CD to one file called an image, and then creates a pretend cd drive in Windows with the contents of the image set as if it is a real CD in a real CD drive, but its all done from your HD.|||Ok now since all the people who replied to you are scrubs download CloneCD, Even if you trial it works, you run it a bunch of options pop theres, Audio cd, Data, CD, Game CD, Mulimedia Audio CD, and Protected PC Game press Protected PC GAME, Have ur warcraft III disk in it will anazile it then write an OS for it then when done took me 3 minits it will tell you to put in the disk you want to copy it done and it writes it

:

No comments:

Post a Comment