Thursday, April 19, 2012

Warcraft III Vista/XP Lan?

Hey guys, I have a new computer on the way and I have the opportunity to pick Vista or XP on it. I was thinking about Vista for the DX10, but I realized something. My friend brings over his PC often and we LAN our PC's and play together. We both currently have XP. If I upgrade from XP to Vista, can we have two different OS's LAN on WC3? Thanks!|||I've heard nothing but bad crap about Windows Vista, so I would just stick with XP if it's already working for you.|||Quote:






View Post

If I upgrade from XP to Vista, can we have two different OS's LAN on WC3? Thanks!




The operating system should not matter with respect to playing games over a LAN connection - just as they should not matter with respect to playing games over an internet connection (via bnet).

It's the games that are interfacing through the network, not the operating systems.|||Okay, I've done some research also and found that people on Vista are able to host, meaning they could probably LAN also. Thanks for the responses everyone!|||Yes a Lan is possible with multiple windows OS. I have confirmed this with friends in a dorm where we had 40+ people in a massive dota tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment