Saturday, April 21, 2012

TFT not patching

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in...but here we go:

I'm still working off of v1.07 of TFT for OS X because I just got this computer a while ago, installed ROC and TFT, and then dashed off for college--I never bothered to patch, forgetting that, hey, I need to patch the game if I want to play the second and third acts of the orc campaign.

Well, I'm trying to patch now. It's not working. First, I tried to access the old patch pages at Blizzard.com, figuring that I should install the old patches first. Couldn't access that part of the site, which is either an issue with Blizzard's server or my campus firewall, which is too good at what it does. So I tried to download 1.17a. Multiple attempts to download it later, I got one that worked and downloaded.

I clicked on it...and got told that "BNUpdate was unable to find any installed software that requires patching." Um, right.

So I go to connect to battle.net in hopes that I can get the patch that way. It won't connect after sitting around for a few minutes. I suspect the campus firewall of preventing that, which annoys me to no end.

Then I was going to go to Blizzard's support forum and post there, but it needs a CD key to log-in, and my CD key is 250 miles away at my house with the CD case. D'oh. I can call/e-mail and ask for it, I guess, but it's too late in the evening to get a response right away. Hence my posting here.

Is there any way at all I can patch this bleeping game? I'm starting to go nuts here. (And for the record, no, I can't take the computer off campus to an internet cafe or something to connect to the internet without El Firewall Diablo; I have a desktop.)|||it seems its all pointing to the firewall. the firewall wont allow any servers or programs to access the computer. you would probly have to go somewhere else or something. even if you did download the patch somehow you wouldnt be able to log on to bnet anyway because of the firewall. or if you can you probly wont beable to host or join games online.|||There is probably another reason.......

Gotta make sure your CD is original.

I encountered the same problem too.....|||I just got up to date with the patches yesterday. I had missed a number of them, and it took 75 minutes to get them all.|||I put the pacth file into the /Applications/Warcraft III Folder and it works|||Don't reply to posts that are 3 years old with your advice, nimrod.

No comments:

Post a Comment