Saturday, April 21, 2012

Looking for a skilled player

So i got into Wc3 a few nights ago and im getting the hang of things and i train against the cpu, but some of the things cpu does just blows me away.

I've only managed to beat the normal cpu once.

So I've gotten to a desperate level or wanting a mentor. Just someone who can play games and set up situations and other things mentors do to help me become experienced and have more understanding of the game.

Please and thanks in forward to whom ever is happy to help.|||I suggest you rather go watch random replays. There are many websites dedicated to replays and warcraft skill, you just have to find them.

Some important aspects:

1. The hero is the most important part of your army. I've watched a few high level games, and in those games the heroes meant everything, and the game tends to be over when one player's hero dies. The item shop is essential in this regard.

2. Micro-management. This is arguably the most important skill in Warcraft 3. Micro units out of harm's way, block in enemy units, focus fire, DO NOT attack move, learn to cast spells the most effective way, etc.

3. Expanding is also extremely important; it will determine whether you get starved of resources in longer games or if you are the player with 20000 unused gold at the end of the game. Related to that, your gold should never go above 500.

4. Build more unit production buildings as time goes by; if you find your army destroyed you'll have to build it up again very quickly.

I'm not a pro or anything (I think I've only beaten an Insane computer about once...), but I believe these tips to be quite valid. However, I strongly suggest that you rather play against HUMANS! Playing against other people helps you te learn new playstyles, tactics and such, and it's much better practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment